Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Mountain

My Mountain
By Emma Lippincott

Did I ever tell you?
I
My
Family
Has
A
Mountain named after us.
It is called
Lippincott Mountain.
I have no idea where it's located.
Don't ask me.
My
Mom
Told me. -.-
So yea.
I guess if we have a Mountain,
My family is famous,
or should be.
My dream is to be famous.
Maybe I'm already famous and
I
Just
Haven't
Or
Known
Or
Heard
About
It,
Just
Yet.
Just
Yet
Just yet.
Just yet.
Just yet.
I will hopefully though,
Soon.
Soon.
Soon.
My Mountain.
I want it to be ALL mine.
Which
It kind of is.
Is it a snowy Mountain?
Or a trees Mountain?
I capitalized Mountain every time because.......
It's my Mountain.
My Mountain.
Now
And
Forever.

4 comments:

  1. I love the repetition you have in this poem! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow if I had a mouintain named after me I would be telling people every where and I'd set my computer background with a image of the mountain ahnd words under it saying" see this? yeah Its mine"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created such a rhythm and pattern with this poem- it's really cool! I also liked the ending where you talk about capitalizing your Mountain, gave me a lot of the feelings you have about the Mountain being yours. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you put each word in its own sentence and made it have a lot of repitition. I love the fact that you wrote as if you were talking directly to someone, such as ," Don't ask me.
    My
    Mom
    Told me. -.-"
    very good job (:

    ReplyDelete